Sunday, May 22, 2011

Techniques for iPad and iPhone programming

I've been programming for the iPhone and iPad for a while now and would like to share some of the techniques I've developed to help the process.  Here are some of the topics I'll be discussing in future posts:

  1. iOS and Xcode are terrific tools, and I've learned to greatly appreciate Interface Builder.  You should leverage IB wherever possible, but IB has a fairly steep learning curve. I've developed many techniques for using IB in non-standard ways.
  2. Database programming with SQLite. I'll be posting the libraries that I use for SQLite development, and show how to build a custom version of SQLite.
  3. Web programming on iOS. I'll share some of the methods I use to incorporate local web applications in UIWebView. This is very handy for displaying all kinds of information.
  4. Network programming. I have an extensive network programming library that I'll be sharing.
  5. UIView layouts. I've developed several UIView layouts that incorporate nicely into IB.
  6. Lot's of other UIKit enhancements to make your life easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment